Solar Panel Installation and Service on Cape Cod
Take advantage of Solar Energy
Homes and business all over Cape Cod and surrounding areas are moving to solar power. Cape Cod has the second highest electric rate in the country. Taking control of your energy cost and energy future has never been easier. Here are just a few of the advantages you’ll receive by switching to solar power:
- Power your home or business for little to no cost – Say goodbye to monster electricity bills, you may even be able to make a return on your investment through the SREC program
- Federal and State subsidies are available – significant tax incentives are currently being offered to help offset the cost of a system
- Long life span – Solar panels can last 25 years or more and require little to no maintenance once installed
- Environmentally Friendly – Solar power is an infinite resource, operates in silence and doesn’t pollute the environment
How do solar panels work?
Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are made from semi-conductor material such as silicon that is able to gather high concentrations of electrons. When a photovoltaic cell is exposed to sunlight, the solar radiation on the solar cell increases the energy levels of the electrons in the semi-conductor and generates electric power.
Why go solar in Massachusetts?
- Solar saves money. Massachusetts residents pay some of the highest power cost in the nation and energy prices continue to go up Solar is a great investment for your home or business. During the daylight hours solar panels collect sunlight and convert it to useable electricity. Batteries can be used to store power for later use or some homes stay connected to the grid. Whatever path you choose, the result is a much smaller electric bill.
- Solar power is clean. Electric companies use fossil fuels to produce most of their electricity. These fuels are not only expensive, but they release toxic greenhouse gases. Solar is quiet, has no moving parts, and emits no smells or gases.
- Boost your homes value. Solar energy panels can add up to $15,000 to the value of your home according to a recent study by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkley Laboratory.
- Solar saves time on maintenance. Once your solar package is installed, there is virtually no maintenance required and the systems can last up to 30 years.
- There are generous incentives for going solar.
Massachusetts has one of the best solar incentive programs in the country: the SREC II Program. Along with the 30% federal investment tax credit and the state’s net energy metering (NEM) program, the SREC II Program makes right now the best time to go solar in the Commonwealth.